Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4331 ..
ACT Health—Director of Medical Imaging (Question No 1681)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 17 August 2018:
(1) How many times was the position for Director of Medical Imaging advertised in the ACT Government Gazette between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018.
(2) Can the Minister provide copies of the notices; if so, can the Minister provide copies of the job information kit for applicants, including, but not limited to, job description, selection criteria, guide to making an application, reporting lines, application deadline date, and salary package.
(3) Can the Minister provide the following if the classification for the position changed between any of the notices, (a) reasons for the change, (b) who proposed the change and (c) who authorised the change.
(4) How many applications were received for each notice.
(5) Were interviews conducted for each notice; if not, why not.
(6) Was anyone acting in the role of Director of Medical Imaging at any time during the period 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2018; if so, between what dates was the person acting in the role and was the person acting in the role appointed to the role permanently; if so, on what date was the permanent appointment made.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) On three occasions.
(2) Yes. Relevant documents are attached.
(3) The classification for the position changed.
a. The Director Medical Imaging was advertised as a Senior Officer Grade A position in April 2017. The recruitment process was not finalised as the then Director-General of ACT Health considered the position was more appropriately filled at the Executive 1.3 level to strengthen governance and accountability.
b. The then Director-General proposed this change of classification to the Head of Service.
c. The Head of Service approved the revised classification as part of a broader review of senior positions within ACT Health.
(4) Six applications were received for the position as advertised in April 2017. Two applications were received for the position as advertised in June 2017. Two applications were received for the position as advertised in October 2017.
(5) No interviews were conducted in relation to the position as advertised in April 2017 as the process was discontinued when the role was upgraded to the Executive 1.3 classification. No interviews were conducted when the process was advertised in June 2017 due to neither of the two applicants satisfying the mandatory qualification