Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4326 ..
were ready to transition to NAPLAN Online in 2018. Seven independent schools individually determined that they were ready to transition to NAPLAN Online in 2018.
(3) With the exception of all year 3 writing assessments (which was only available on paper for all schools in line with nationally agreed provision), 10 ACT independent Schools chose to use paper testing for 2018.
(4) A number of individual independent schools determined that they were not ready to transition to NAPLAN Online in 2018.
(5) A total of 106 ACT schools conducted online testing.
a) One student at one ACT public specialist school (which was not scheduled to transition to NAPLAN Online in 2018) undertook paper testing.
b) Ten independent schools undertook paper testing. A number of individual independent schools determined that they were not ready to transition to NAPLAN Online in 2018.
(6) No school intentionally planned to use both online and paper testing other than for the completion of all year 3 writing assessments which was only available on paper.
(7) One ACT independent school was supported to revert to paper testing for a year 3 cohort and part of a year 5 cohort.
(8) The NAPLAN Online system remained available and stable throughout the testing window. The reason for reverting to paper testing was due to local technical issues at that school.
(10) Not applicable.
(11) A total of 12,099 eligible ACT Government school students sat NAPLAN testing in 2018.
(12) Students can be exempted from one or more NAPLAN tests if they have a significant or complex disability, or if they are from a non-English-speaking background and arrived in Australia less than one year before the tests. However, exemption is not automatic and parents may choose for their child to participate. Support can be provided for students with disability to participate in the NAPLAN tests. Exemptions were granted to 387 students.
(13) At least one student exemption was processed for 79 out of 107 schools.
(14) Exemptions were granted for students in years 3, 5, 7 and 9.
Transport—park-and-ride facilities (Question No 1639)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 17 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Transport):
(1) How many spaces does the Mawson Park and Ride facility have.