Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4324 ..
Fines/warnings Act/issue 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Littering/illegal dumping 14/4 16/12 5/0 2/4 2/2 Abandoned vehicles 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Overhanging vegetation 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Other 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0
(2) City Rangers are authorised under a number of Acts including the Public Unleased Land Act 2013, the Litter Act 2004, the Trespass on Territory Land Act 1932, the Tree Protection Act 2005, the Crimes Act 1900 and the Domestic Animals Act 2000.
(3) In general terms, City Rangers may be tasked with jobs related to the following categories on the Access Canberra website: abandoned vehicles, election campaign signage, litter and illegal dumping, nature strips and shopping trolleys. However, the allocation of jobs triaged by Access Canberra depends on the nature and details of the issue and City Rangers may also be involved in other categories where it is relevant to their role and responsibilities.
Municipal services—drinking water stations (Question No 1632)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for City Services):
(1) How many local shops have drinking water stations installed in (a) Belconnen, (b) Gungahlin, (c) Inner North, (d) Inner South, (e) Molonglo Valley, (f) Weston Creek, (g) Woden Valley and (h) Tuggeranong.
(2) How many residents' groups/local community associations/private individuals have sought installation of a drinking water station at a local shop and at which shops.
(3) Is there an installation plan for the rollout of water stations similar to those in the Canberra CBD in local shopping centres; if so, what is the (a) schedule for installation by suburb and (b) projected cost per suburb; if not, why not.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The local shops in the following areas have access to drinking water stations:
a. Belconnen - 8
b. Gungahlin - 2
c. Inner North - 3
d. Inner South - 6
e. Molonglo Valley - 0
f. Woden / Weston Creek - 12
g. As above
h. Tuggeranong - 1
(2) No requests for additional drinking water stations at shops were received in the last financial year.
(3) There is no specific program for the installation of drinking fountains in shopping centres within TCCS. However the ACT Government is considering a range of