Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 11 Hansard (25 October) . . Page.. 4323 ..
(1) Positions P39668 and P39669.
(2) These positions were newly created and funded through internal reallocation of TCCS recurrent funding.
This position was newly created and funded through internal reallocation of TCCS recurrent funding.
(4) Funding of six new positions was achieved through internal reallocation of TCCS recurrent funding.
(6) Please see documents attached.
(7) Please see documents attached.
(Copies of the attachments are available at the Chamber Support Office).
Municipal services—rangers (Question No 1611)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for City Services):
(1) How many court actions or fine for offences were handed down in (a) 2014, (b) 2015, (c) 2016, (d) 2017 and (e) 2018, for (i) breaches of the Public Unleased Land Act 2013, (ii) Domestic Animal Services, (iii) breaches of the Tree Protection Act 2005, (iv) trespass, (v) littering, (vi) abandoned vehicles, (vii) overhanging vegetation, (viii) other major categories and (ix) illegal commercial dumping.
(2) What are the legal instruments under which City Rangers are authorised to act.
(3) What are the categories of jobs recorded by Access Canberra for City Rangers.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In relation to court actions, I have been advised by my Directorate that the information sought is not in an easily retrievable form and that the data provided is based on the best available information.
The information regarding fines and warnings is listed below in the format of fines/warnings. Please note this relates only to action taken by TCCS, action may have been taken by other agencies where relevant to the specific circumstances of the matter.
Fines/warnings Act/issue 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Public Unleased Land Act 2013 31/0 8/0 0/0 8/9 1/0 Domestic Animals Act 2000 189/0 87/0 63/0 112/55 178/254 Tree Protection Act 2005 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Trespass on Territory Land Act 1932 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0