Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 10 Hansard (20 September) . . Page.. 3983 ..
(6) The report is currently being considered.
(7) The report is currently being considered.
(8) The report was commissioned after the Estimates Hearing and was undertaken by an external organisation independent of the ACT Government.
Domestic animal services—dogs (Question No 1579)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 August 2018 (redirected to the Minister for City Services):
(1) Was the owner of the attacking dog/s identified in relation to an attack on another dog on 2 July 2018 in a private backyard in Monash.
(2) Was the attacking dog/s seized or held by Domestic Animal Services (DAS).
(3) Had the attacking dog/s come to the attention of, or been reported to DAS previously; if so what action had previously been taken by DAS against the (a) owners and (b) dog/s.
(4) What has now happened or is happening to the attacking dog/s.
(5) Was the attacking dog/s (a) registered, (b) desexed and/or (c) microchipped.
(6) What action has DAS taken or is intending to take against the owner of the attacking dog/s.
(7) When and what advice has been provided to the owners of the dog who was attacked.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(3) Yes. There is a current investigation involving the dogs and their owners associated with this address. Any prior history involving these dogs or their owners will form part of this investigation, as such further comment cannot be made at this time.
(4) The dogs remain in the care of DAS while an investigation is conducted.
(5) (a) No (b) No (c) Yes.
(6) This incident is currently being investigated and further action will be taken pending the outcomes of the investigation.
(7) Investigators have contacted all parties involved in this case and advised them of the investigation process. Investigators will continue to update all parties as the investigation progresses.