Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 9 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 3621 ..
(1) Who were the attending key stakeholders at the workshop on 13 July 2018, that the ACT Courts and Tribunal sub-unit in JACS held to improve accessibility for family violence matters for the culturally and linguistically diverse community.
(2) What were the (a) recommendations, (b) concerns and (c) other feedback, brought forward by stakeholders during the workshop to improving access to family violence matters for the ACT Culturally and Linguistically Diverse community.
(3) What resulting action plans will be implemented by the ACT Government in response to stakeholder feedback.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Chief Magistrate hosted a half day workshop on Friday 13 July 2018 to engage and consult with the ACT culturally and linguistically diverse community (CALD) to identify practical measures to assist the CALD community when seeking protection from family violence.
Approximately 45 persons participated in the workshop representing key community oganisations, legal services, agencies, representatives of the ACT Multicultural Advisory Council and the wider CALD community.
(2) The workshop facilitator is preparing a report for the Chief Magistrate that will summarise the key issues and recommendations.
(3) I understand the Chief Magistrate will consider the report once it is available, to identify what measures might by implemented.
As this was a judicial event it is not appropriate for me to comment further on the event or the proposed response by the Chief Magistrate.
Community Services Directorate—multicultural affairs (Question No 1625)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Community Services and Social Inclusion, upon notice, on 3 August 2018:
(1) What dates each year for the past two years has the Community Services Directorate (CSD) met with the following members and representatives of the multicultural community for the purposes of undertaking consultation or gathering feedback, (a) Multicultural Advisory Council, (b) Youth Advisory Council, (c) National Multicultural Festival stakeholders, (d) Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre Tenants Forum, (e) Chinese community representatives; (f) Muslim community leaders, (g) Refugee, Asylum Seeker and Humanitarian Sub-Committee and (h) ACT Health Multicultural Reference Group.
(2) What feedback was given to the CSD by the following groups to improve services and programs to the ACT Culturally and Linguistically Diverse community, (a) Refugee, Asylum Seeker and Humanitarian Sub-Committee and (b) ACT Health Multicultural Reference Group.