Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 9 Hansard (23 August) . . Page.. 3595 ..
b. at roadshows in town centres, group centres and other key locations, such as tertiary institutions;
c. online at www.yoursay.act.gov.au and www.canberrabuses.com.au;
d. through social media and online advertising;
e. through interviews, media releases and other statements to broadcast and print media, such as The Canberra Times and the ABC;
f. through advertising on buses and at bus stops;
g. in the Our Canberra newsletter distributed to all households throughout the ACT;
h. in meetings with individual stakeholders and community groups; and
i. through direct communication with schools and parents, including information provided for inclusion in school newsletters and letters to school principals.
(2) The roadshows were advertised through community council meetings, at other public meetings, at www.canberrabuses.com.au, through social media and other channels.
(3) Transport Canberra has received feedback from the community as part of the public consultation about the flexible bus service, which the ACT Government will take into account when making a decision about improvements to public transport services in 2019.
(4) The Flexible Bus Service is designed to serve customers who cannot easily walk to a bus stop. Some customers also use other services, such as community transport services. Travel distances have also been considered in configuring the new bus network and the location of bus stops.
ACTION bus service—Xpresso services (Question No 1589)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 3 August 2018:
(1) What is the average patronage for each current Xpresso bus service (not route).
(2) Which existing Xpresso bus routes are proposed to be substantially replaced by a new Rapid route or combination of inter-connecting Rapid routes.
(3) Can the Minister provide travel time comparisons for key destinations between the current service and the proposed replacement for each route listed in part (2).
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Based on data from the MyWay ticketing system, the average patronage for each current Xpresso bus service from 1 January to 30 June 2018 was as follows:
Route Start time Average boardings per Trip 705 6:51 11 7:08 14 7:13 12 7:35 19 8:01 17