Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 8 Hansard (16 August) . . Page.. 3237 ..
(4) Does the Departmental Liaison Officer ensure that relevant notes from meetings are forwarded to the Department for follow up.
(5) If the Minister holds a meeting with another Minister, are both Ministers responsible for ensuring notes are taken in this meeting and for ensuring the notes reflect the decisions taken in the meeting.
(6) If the Minister holds a meeting with Directorate officers, are notes taken by his office, the Directorate or both.
(7) Does the Minister refer to notes from previous meetings as a way of following through on decisions from previous meetings.
(8) Who is responsible for ensuring that copies of records of meetings are retained and stored for future use.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Notes are not taken at every meeting that the Minister attends. Notes may be taken, either by the Minister or other staff in attendance, if it is deemed necessary in order to be able to identify actions and issues raised at a meeting and follow up on them. There are no formal minutes taken out of meetings between Ministers.
(2) Refer to answer to Question 1.
(4) Yes, where appropriate.
(5) Refer to answer to Question 1. Both Ministers are responsible for following up on the range of issues that are discussed at those meetings.
(6) This will depend on the content of the meeting and which staff are in attendance.
(7) Yes, where relevant.
(8) This will vary depending on which staff are in attendance at each meeting.
Government—contractors (Question No 1555)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 8 June 2018:
(1) Why were so many contractors engaged on 3 April 2017, in relation to question on notice No 1312.
(2) If contractors were needed for significant projects at that time; what was (a) the specific project and (b) the number of contractors engaged in relation to that project.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The number of contractors appearing to commence contracts as at 3 April 2017 was due to the existing contractors transitioning from previous arrangements with the Territory to the new Contractor Central arrangements.