Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 8 Hansard (16 August) . . Page.. 3215 ..
(3) On Sunday 1 November 2015 a two year trial of laws was introduced that required motorists to provide a minimum lateral distance of one metre when overtaking a cyclist in speed zones at or below 60km/h and one and a half metres in speed zones above 60km/h. From this period, Transport Canberra identified feedback regarding incidents that included cyclists separately.
Time Period Feedback Received January 2018 - 15 June 2018 33 January 2017 - December 2017 73 January 2016 - December 2016 73 January 2015 - December 2015 6 January 2014 - December 2014 1 January 2013 - December 2013 14
Roads—projects (Question No 1516)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 8 June 2018 (redirected to the Acting Minister for Transport and City Services):
(1) Can the Minister provide road usage data for (a) Mirrabei Drive to access Gundaroo Drive and (b) how many residents use Gundaroo Drive, both now and what is projected for 2022 and 2025 due to population growth in the Gungahlin region.
(2) Can the Minister confirm the following details regarding stage 1 of the Gundaroo Drive/Mirrabei Drive Duplication project; (a) when will all construction be completed, (b) how much has the project cost, (c) how many car collisions and/or accidents have been reported within the construction area, (d) how many incidents regarding pedestrian safety have been reported within the construction area, (e) how many near miss accidents have been reported within the construction area, (f) what pedestrian safety measures have been put in place to enhance resident safety during construction, (g) what pedestrian access and crossings will be provided once construction is complete, (h) how many Work Health and Safety (WHS) incidents have been reported within the construction area and (i) what WHS hazards were identified and how have these been mitigated.
(3) What were the reasons for determining which portion is duplicated and which is not, in relation to the rational for duplicating this particular section of road, for example Mirrabei Drive from Paul Coe Crescent to Gundaroo Drive.
(4) What is the logic to duplicating a small section but leaving portions of the road untouched and therefore forcing traffic to form a single lane between Paul Coe Crescent and Gundaroo Drive.
(5) Are there plans to duplicate additional section of these roads; if so, when will these projects commence.
(6) Has the Minister's office received complaints directly or through Access Canberra regarding these roadworks.
(7) What issues have been raised with the Minister's office and/or the Directorate over the construction period, and what has been done to respond to these concerns.