Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 8 Hansard (16 August) . . Page.. 3190 ..
(2) Given the above there are no immediate plans to upgrade the path on the eastern side of Lake Tuggeranong.
(3) There are currently no plans to upgrade existing shared path infrastructure associated with either of its current developments on the eastern side of Lake Tuggeranong/Tuggeranong Pond. Design work is currently underway for the last stage of the shared path loop around Tuggeranong Pond which will realise the final portion of works associated with the Southquay development. These works will include a southbound three metre wide shared path on the eastern side of the pond that will cross the pond via a new non-vehicular bridge and link with the existing three metre shared path on the western side. Narrower paths will head further south around the natural landforms to the base of the Isabella Weir and will link in with the Southquay East estate path network parallel to Drakeford Drive. Another minor path is proposed to be provided on the southern side of the Isabella Weir providing access to the Drakeford Drive/Athllon Drive intersection from Anketell Street.
Schools—trees (Question No 1502)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 8 June 2018:
(1) When did the Government move from multiple contactors undertaking annual tree assessments to one unified contractor for all Government schools.
(2) What was the cost of annual tree assessments in the three years before and after this change.
(3) What was the cost of tree maintenance and removal work in schools in the three years before and after this change.
(4) Is the contractor who conducts tree assessments also allowed to quote for the tree maintenance and removal work that results from these assessments; if so, (a) why and (b) how does the Government manage the conflict of interest that may lead to annual tree assessments including excessive recommendations to remove or maintain trees.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The first year of operation for a single contractor was in the 2015-16 financial year and followed a tender process. In the 2015-16 financial year, the Education Directorate engaged the ACT Property Group to procure annual tree surveys in ACT public schools.
(2) What was the cost of annual tree assessments in the three years before and after this change?
Financial Year Cost 2012-13 $162,849 2013-14 $145,963 2014-15 $155,495 2015-16 $78,199 2016-17 $57,095 2017-18 $55,532