Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 8 Hansard (16 August) . . Page.. 3136 ..
Transport—electric cars (Question No 1361—revised answer)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 11 May 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Regulatory Services):
(1) How many electric vehicles have registered or renewed registration in the ACT during 2017-18 to date.
(2) How many times has the 20 percent discount on electric vehicles registration been applied each financial year since the commencement of the discount to date.
(3) What is the total value of the discounts applied to electric vehicle registrations as part of the 20 percent discount program during 2017-18 financial year to date.
(4) What is the total projected value of discounts that will be applied to electric vehicle registrations as part of the 20 percent discount program in the (a) 2018-19, (b) 2019-20 and (c) 2020-21 financial years.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) As at 16 May 2018, there are 292 electric vehicles registered in the ACT.
(2) The figures below are the number of individual vehicles that obtained a 20% registration discount during the financial year. If the vehicle has been registered more than once during the year (ie 3 month renewal periods) it was only counted once.*
2006/7 - 48*
2007/8 - 50*
2008/9 - 57*
2009/10 - 55*
2010/11 - 68*
2011/12 - 79*
2012/13 - 90*
2013/14 - 134*
2014/15 - 178*
2015/16 - 224*
2016/17 - 260*
2017/18 - 287 (as at 16 May 2018)
Only one concession can be applied per vehicle registration, so the 20% electric vehicle concession may not be applied if another concession of a higher rate also applies.
(3) $24,203.56 (as at 16 May 2018).
(4) The value of discounts applied to electric vehicles is relatively low and does not materially impact on forward estimates. Therefore they are not separately forecast. Motor vehicle registration fees are forecast in aggregate - taking into account fee indexation and estimated growth in registrations annually.