Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 7 Hansard (2 August) . . Page.. 2783 ..
(9) In relation to recommendation 9, can the Minister provide (a) a list of the conclusions from the independent inquiry that have been identified for further remedial action and (b) detail on what steps the Government is taking to address the points raised in those conclusions.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
The Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement tabled in the Assembly on 20 February 2018 provides detailed information on the progress of each of the recommendations made in the Moss Review.
(1) (a) Refer to the Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement for detail.
(b) Refer to the Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement for detail.
(c) 96 officers have been trained on Master Control Room (MCR) operations to a level where they are competent in operating CCTV. MCR training remains an ongoing training package for relevant officers at the AMC.
(d) There are no specific industry standards related to the use of CCTV within Correctional facilities, however, ACTCS has established standards through the development of policies and procedures.
(2) (a) Refer to the Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement for detail.
(b) At the time of an incident the Area and Operations Managers consult and decide if the incident requires a referral to ACT Policing. ACT Policing determine the priority to be given to alleged assaults and investigate incidents when there is sufficient evidence to proceed.
(c) The AMC Security Team review all assaults. The Violence Reduction Team (VRT) holds committee meetings to strategically review and discuss violent incidents and trends. It is not a forum that reviews specific incidents or refers incidents to ACT Policing as referrals are made shortly after the incident where necessary.
(3) Refer to the Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement for detail.
(4) (a) Yes. A formal Arrangement was signed by the Directors-General of Justice and Community Safety and ACT Health on 14 August 2017. The Information-Sharing Schedule of the Arrangement was signed on 20 November 2017 by the Executive Directors of ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) and Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services. This schedule addresses information sharing to enhance service delivery arrangements for detainees by the improved transfer of relevant and timely information between agencies.
(b) The Arrangement sets a clear statement of intent for the provision of health services for detainees. Refer to the Moss Implementation Annual Report and Ministerial Statement for detail. In addition, ACTCS and Justice Health regularly meet to discuss strategic and functional matters.