Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 7 Hansard (2 August) . . Page.. 2694 ..
are typically more expensive than others. An indicative manufacturer price for one small electric passenger vehicle currently available in Australia in small numbers, and anticipated to be more widely available shortly, is $45,000. sgfleet has calculated a monthly rental for this vehicle of $1,065 (inclusive of maintenance) taken over 60 months. This monthly rental figure does not include the cost of charging infrastructure.
The Territory has no intention to purchase 600 passenger Electric Vehicles (EVs) in a one off bulk order procurement. EV manufacturers currently have limited numbers of Right Hand Drive passenger vehicles scheduled for Australian delivery. The Right Hand Drive portion of the EV vehicle market represents 10% of the world's production of EVs with the majority of those vehicles being exported to the United Kingdom with smaller numbers of EVs entering Australia.
In April 2015 the Territory has exercised an "Opt In" option arrangement to lease its fleet passenger, light commercial and heavy commercial vehicles through the Commonwealth Fleet Services Contract (FSC) through the Commonwealths contracted vehicle leasing provider sgfleet. It is the intention of the Territory to progressively introduce greater numbers of leased EVs into the passenger vehicle pool. The estimated EV numbers over the first three years of the "Action Plan" are included at item 3 paragraph 2 of this response.
(8) CMTEDD is currently working with Territory lease provider sgfleet to identify manufacturers with capacity to provide electric vehicles to meet the Territory's requirements.
(9) That will depend on the particular electric vehicles selected to meet the Territory's leasing requirements. Potential countries of supply include Japan, South Korea, China, Germany, France and the United States.
(10) sgfleet is currently liaising with electric vehicle manufacturers and dealers to understand their current and anticipated ACT servicing arrangements.
(11) Budget Committee of Cabinet agreed on 9 April 2018 (18/086/BUD) to the release of 'The ACT's Transition to Zero Emissions Vehicles Action Plan 2018-2021' which includes an action to ensure all newly leased passenger fleet vehicles are zero emissions vehicles from 2020-21 (where fit for purpose).
(12) Budget Committee of Cabinet.
Government—carers strategy (Question No 1327)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Disability, Children and Youth, upon notice, on 11 May 2018:
(1) How does the ACT Government define a young carer and based on this definition, how many (a) young carers are there in the ACT and (b) people are being cared for by young carers.
(2) How many young carers (a) work full or part-time, (b) study full or part-time or (c) are not employed or studying.