Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2311 ..
A space for students to present work to their peers*
A space for meetings and professional development*
A space for meditation and prayer*
A place for families to connect more closely with the school*
A meeting space for community groups*
A showcase space for the school at open nights and community events.
Additionally, three ACT public colleges (Erindale, Lake Tuggeranong and Gungahlin) incorporate a joint-use library that is highly valued by the school and local community.
Government—men's sheds (Question No 1337)
Ms Lawder asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 11 May 2018:
(1) How many men's shed organisations are currently on peppercorn rent arrangements.
(2) Can the Treasurer provide a list outlining all of the facilities (including land) that are currently being leased out on a peppercorn arrangement to men's sheds.
(3) What is the value of these rent arrangements (per individual facility).
(4) Does the ACT Property Group have guidelines, policies or instructions for how to handle or apply peppercorn rent applications from men's sheds; if so, (a) what are these instructions, (b) when was the last time they were reviewed and (c) can the Treasurer provide a copy of the guidelines, policies and instructions.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Territory has no peppercorn agreements with men's sheds.
(2) Nil. However, there is a total of three men's sheds that operate via an under-lease at three Territory owned sites in Kaleen, Dickson and Greenway. These arrangements are directly between the Territory's head tenant and the men's sheds.
(3) Not applicable.
(a) ACT Property Group's Community and Other Tenancies, Application and Accommodation Policy 2007 is used as a guide to determine eligibility for community accommodation.
(b) The 2007 policy is current and was reviewed and updated in April 2008.
(c) The policy can be downloaded at