Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2309 ..
(2) Teacher librarians are part of the teacher classification in the ACT Public Sector Education and Training Directorate (Teaching Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2014-2018.
As of 1 April 2018 Classroom Teacher salaries range between $64,411 and $101,821 dependant on a Classroom Teacher's salary increment. Teacher librarian positions do not attract an additional loading.
(3) Teacher librarians hold a range of specialised qualifications including Graduate Diploma of Applied Science (Library and Information Management), Graduate Diploma of Education (Teacher Librarianship), Master of Applied Science (Library and Information Management), Master of Applied Science (Teacher Librarianship), Master of Education (Teacher Librarianship) and Master of Information Services (Teacher Librarian). Teacher librarians also meet the general qualification standard for professional registration through the Teacher Quality Institute. Staff working in libraries are not required to be teacher librarians.
(4) Should a teacher wish to attain additional qualifications they could do so through a number of avenues:*
Teacher Scholarships Program - supports teachers to undertake further study, training and/or research that will lead to improved student learning outcomes.*
ACT Government Studies Assistance Program - support for additional or new qualifications.
Education—vocational (Question No 1335)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 11 May 2018:
(1) In relation to vocational programs in ACT colleges, how many industries are involved in the approved vocational education and training programs that qualify under training packages.
(2) How many students undertake vocational education and training programs that qualify under training packages endorsed by specific industry areas and in what schools are they delivered.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are 12 industry training packages included in the approved vocational education and training (VET) programs delivered by the four ACT school based Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) that are grouped by school network area (South/Weston; North/Gungahlin; Tuggeranong and Belconnen). The training packages available are as follows: i. Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management ii. Automotive Retail, Service and Repair iii. Business Services Training Package iv. Community Services v. Construction, Plumbing and Services vi. Creative Arts and Culture vii. Furnishing (Carpentry)