Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2267 ..
Access Canberra will soon release a new Land Titles System which will provide access to both professional subscribers and the general public. The new service, the ACT Land Information System (ACTLIS), is planned to be released before the end of May 2018.
ACTLIS will provide professional subscribers with increased features and web based access to perform searches. The general public will be able to pay for searches by debit or credit card. Access to ACTLIS will be via the Access Canberra website using standard web browsers from a personal computer, tablet or mobile phone.
(2) Professional subscribers in ACTLIS will continue to have a monthly account with Access Canberra, but can also generate interim accounts, or pay per transaction if they wish. The professional subscribers can also access the general public portal to generate a search and pay for this activity at the point of sale by a debit or credit card.
(3) Yes, ACTLIS will be the gateway to the public register for the public and searches will be able to be paid for by debit or credit card.
Canberra Theatre Centre—courtyard studio usage (Question No 1281)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 13 April 2018 (redirected to the Minister for the Arts and Community Events):
(1) What are the relative occupancy/hiring rates of the different venues in the Canberra Theatre Centre.
(2) How many requests for discounted hiring fees for the Courtyard Studio are made each year.
(3) How many discount requests are approved.
(4) Has any consideration been given to offer use of the Courtyard Studio and bar for free or at a discounted rate to local performers and organisations; if so, what was the rationale and decision.
(5) What would be the budget implications of providing the Courtyard Studio for free to local performers and organisations.
(6) Are there any limitations on local performers and organisations running the bar in the Courtyard Studio on their own license and for their own profit.
(7) Has any consideration been given to allowing local performers and organisations to run the bar in the Courtyard Studio for their own profit.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Occupancy rates of the three main venues in the Canberra Theatre Centre are as follows, expressed in days usage: