Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 6 Hansard (7 June) . . Page.. 2266 ..
(4) It is expected that over 90% of demolition material from Macarthur House will be recycled or reused.
(5) The value of reusable or recyclable materials is accessed by the demolition contractor as part of their tender submission.
(6) The value of the bricks is determined by the resource recycling facility, i.e. whether it's profitable to sort and clean the bricks for resale.
(7) In the case of Asset Recycling Initiative demolition projects, these have all been advertised as individual projects by "Open Tender".
(8) Demolition contractors are engaged through an "Open Tender" procurement process that requires contractors to be prequalified. For prequalification, contractors are required to demonstrate financial capacity and technical capacity, including experience with Business Management Systems such as Quality, WHS and Environment Management systems.
In addition, tenderers are assessed against the evaluation criteria in the tender documents including past performance, technical and management skills, understanding of the specification/contract, WHS, financial and Local Industry Participation.
(9) Yes, one of the criterion that tenderers are assessed against is demolition methodology and materials recycling.
(10) The ACT Government's policy on recycling materials from demolished buildings is in line with the ACT Waste Management Strategy, 2011-2025.
Housing—land title searches (Question No 1279)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Regulatory Services, upon notice, on 13 April 2018:
(1) Why is the online portal for land titles documents restricted to professional subscribers.
(2) Why is the payment facility for the register by a monthly account rather than on-demand.
(3) Has any consideration been given to making the public register searchable online to the public for a nominal fee.
Mr Ramsay: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The current technology is not available to be accessed externally to ACT Government and is hosted on a legacy platform. To access the current system, users outside the Government network require a citrix token to be authenticated for access. These tokens were provided to professional subscribers for a subscription fee.