Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 5 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 1935 ..
to encourage social cohesion, civic pride, community spirit, tolerance, or to inform the community about a public policy outcome.*
routine advertising carried out by agencies in relation to their core operational activities(for example changes to conditions or fees for services such as Transport Canberra buses, public housing or public landfill or jobs and tender advertising).
A Whole of Government response by Directorate is attached as:
Attachment A - Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
Attachment A (i) - CIT
Attachment B - Community Service Directorate
Attachment C - Education Directorate
Attachment D - Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate
Attachment D (i) - City Renewal Authority
Attachment D (ii) - Suburban Land Agency
Attachment E - Health Directorate
Attachment F - Justice and Community Safety Directorate
Attachment G - Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate
(Copies of the attachments are available at the Chamber Support Office).
Answers to questions on notice—costs (Question No 1272)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 13 April 2018:
(1) Further to the answers to questions on notice Nos 1032 and 1034, what is the basis for stating the approximate cost of completing the answers, when that information was not sought.
(2) What elements of process were included in the costing.
(3) What hourly rate was applied for each element of process.
(4) How long did it take to calculate the approximate cost for each question.
(5) Was the time taken to calculate the cost included in the overall cost.
(6) Why did the final figures for the approximate cost translate to different hourly rates.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Inclusion of this information is now a standard practice for all directorates responding to questions on notice. This is intended to transparently communicate the level of resourcing needed to respond to each question on notice and, by extension, support an understanding of why some questions may not be answered due to an assessment of when there would be an unreasonable diversion of resources.