Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 5 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 1913 ..
increases to the base to recognise factors including population growth, network improvements and fare increases.
(2) Transport Canberra and City Services plan to achieve the 2017-18 farebox recovery percentage by increasing patronage through initiatives to improve public transport services and use. These initiatives include infrastructure improvements to bus stops and community paths to access bus stops, new bus purchases to improve quality of the services, and the new rapid and other service improvements introduced in October 2017.
(3) There is currently no farebox recovery target for Light Rail. The introduction of new performance indicators for Transport Canberra will be developed with consideration to an integrated public transport network.
Municipal services—mowing (Question No 1107)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Regulatory Services, upon notice, on 23 March 2018 (redirected to the Minister for Transport and City Services):
(1) What is the total number of complaints or queries relating to the cutting of wild grass received by (a) Access Canberra, (b) Transport Canberra and City Services or (c) any other the relevant agency or ministerial office in the financial years (i) 2015-16, (ii) 2016-17 and (iii) 2017-18 to date.
(2) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the number of complaints or queries relating to wild grass cutting received by the areas of (a) Belconnen, (b) Gungahlin, (c) Inner North, (d) Inner South, (e) Tuggeranong, (f) Woden Valley and Weston Creek, (g) north roads, (h) central and south roads and (i) nature strips.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The term wild grass is not used by Access Canberra or Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS). For the purposes of this response, wild grass is taken to be dryland (non-irrigated) grass in urban open space.
a. Access Canberra received the following number of complaints or enquiries that related to the keyword 'grass':
2015-16 N/A - Please refer to 2 below 2016-17 110 2017-18 (to February) 107
b. TCCS received the following number of complaints and enquiries from the public and Ministers that relate to the keywords 'grass' and 'mowing':
2015-16 91 2016-17 55 2017-18 (to date) 37
c. All relevant complaint and enquiry data is held by Access Canberra and TCCS.