Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 5 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 1890 ..
(2) Traffic surveys are programmed once in every four to five years. The intersections and mid-blocks are regularly monitored for any deterioration in traffic conditions.
(3) There are no speed cameras (fixed or mobile) located at the intersections of Ross Smith Crescent/Southern Cross Drive and Chewings Street/Southern Cross Drive.
Please note: This excludes speed checks and infringements issued by
(4) The average speed on this section of road is about 81km/h on a road with a posted speed limit of 80km/h. This indicates some speeding, but at a moderate level relative to comparable locations. Hence, no traffic calming measures are currently planned.
Roads—traffic management (Question No 1076)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 March 2018:
(1) Has there been, or is there currently a traffic study that includes Ratcliffe Crescent, in the vicinity of Florey Primary School, in the last 5 years; (a) when was the study conducted, (b) what were the concerns and recommendations raised and (c) what was the outcome; if not, why not and will a traffic study be considered in the near future for this road.
(2) How often is traffic speed monitored on this road and surrounding areas and what other safety traffic measures has the Government undertaken in this area.
(3) What is the total of number of vehicles passing through this area that have been speed-checked in the past 2 years and how many of these vehicles were found to be driving (a) within or (b) in excess of 10km/hr above the prescribed speed limit.
(4) What safety measures will the government take to reduce speeding on this road and surrounding areas.
(5) Will the government consider installing speed humps along Rattcliffe Crescent, particularly in the areas surrounding Florey primary school; if so, when will a decision be made; if not, why not and what alternatives will the Government provide to improve safety and reduce speeding in this area.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(a) A traffic investigation was conducted in April 2013
(b) Concerns raised included signage visibility, safety at the children crossing and parking issues at the vicinity of Florey Primary School. The study recommendations were to improve visibility and safety of the children crossing on Ratcliffe Crescent, prevent illegal parking, and improve school signage visibility.