Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 5 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 1844 ..
(b) for each year over the past 10 years, excluding multicultural grants.
Controlled recurrent payments for the annual National Multicultural Festival over the past five financial years were as follows:*
ACT Community Services Directorate is unable to provide historical information prior to the 2012-13 financial year.
Expenditure on the annual National Multicultural Festival prior to that time was made available from the general operating budget of the ACT Office for Multicultural Affairs. A cost code or specific funding was not allocated.
The allocated budget together with the revenue received from stallholders and sponsorships is used to cover the following costs:*
Festival infrastructure (hire of marquees and stages)*
Performers/Entertainment (fees, travel, accommodation and other related costs)*
Pre and post event costs (permits, approval, insurances, waste removal, clean up, security, safety, first aid, etc)*
Communications, advertising, volunteer management, catering and other related costs.
Roads—traffic management (Question No 1029)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) What traffic studies were performed on Cotter Road, Dudley, Kent and Novar Streets, Yarralumla prior to the decision to commence works on Dudley Street.
(2) Were any other traffic management techniques considered to manage the congestion at Cotter Road, Dudley, Kent and Novar Streets; if so, what were they; if not, why not.
(3) Can the Minister provide details of any cost benefit analysis the Directorate performed to assist in this decision making.
(4) What plans does the Government have to manage traffic at the Mint Interchange.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Prior to the decision to commence works on Dudley Street a traffic study was undertaken as part of the Site Investigation for the Canberra Brickworks Precinct.