Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 5 Hansard (10 May) . . Page.. 1841 ..
Answers to questions
Torrens—car park (Question No 945)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many car parks are currently available for public use at the Torrens shops.
(2) Has any funding been allocated to provide additional car parks for public use at the Torrens shops.
(3) Has the Government considered the impact on parking of the soon to be completed child care centre adjacent to the Torrens shops; if so, what were the conclusions of these considerations.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Thirty-seven, including four reserved for use by mobility parking scheme users.
(3) The parking needs for the childcare centre was assessed as part of the Development Application process. The developer demonstrated that the parking needs for the childcare centre, including staff parking, could be accommodated within the existing shops car park and through other car parking available within the local area without significant impact on other users. The childcare centre has peak parking periods twice a day, typically for less than 15 minutes.
National Multicultural Festival—participation (Question No 1021)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many (a) community group, (b) community club, (c) commercial club and (d) diplomatic stalls were present in total at the 2018 National Multicultural Festival.
(2) For each kind of stall as listed in part (1), how many occupied a stall on (a) Friday only, (b) Saturday only, (c) Sunday only, (d) Friday and Saturday only, (e) Friday and Sunday only, (f) Saturday and Sunday only and (g) Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
(3) How many (a) 3 x 3 and (b) 3 x 6 tent stalls were erected.
(4) How many empty tent stalls were present on each day of the festival.
(5) What is the estimated number of people who attended the festival (a) on each day of (i) Friday, (ii) Saturday and (iii) Sunday this year and (b) for each year over the past 10 years.