Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The prices for potable water and sewerage services provided by Icon Water to the community are independently determined by the Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC). The most recent adjustment to Icon Water's prices was effective from 1 July 2017. The table below shows the change in water and sewerage prices between 2016-17 and 2017-18.
Water Fixed Charge (per annum)
Volumetric Water Use - Tier 1
0-200 Kilolitres (per kilolitre)
Volumetric Water Use - Tier 2
200+ Kilolitres (per kilolitre)
Fixed Sewerage Charge (per annum)
Additional Sewerage Fixture Charge for Non-residential Customers
The ICRC's report associated with this price adjustment provides significant detail on the underlying reasons for the change in prices from 1 July 2017. This report is publicly available at http://www.icrc.act.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Report-5-2017-June-2017-1.pdf
The primary reasons for the adjustments made to prices by the ICRC were to:
• account for inflation, as measured by changes in the Consumer Price Index; and
• incorporate into prices the effect of approved pass-through events associated with Icon Water's costs, as allowed for under the terms of the current price direction.
(2) The ACT Government provides support to eligible pensioners in relation to their water and sewerage service costs through the Utilities Concession. In 2017-18, eligible pensioners will receive $604 per annum through this concession to help offset their utilities related costs.
The Government will increase the value of the Utilities Concession by $50 from 1 July 2018 to $654 per annum to reduce the impact of increased utility prices.
(Question No 1056)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Sport and Recreation, upon notice, on 23 March 2018:
(1) Following the recent announcement of the new $36.6 million Stromlo pool it seems that the sport of diving has been neglected yet again by your Government as this facility does not provide Canberra with a new dive pool. During consultations, did you meet with representatives of the diving community, specifically the Canberra Diving Academy.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .