Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
language schools and three playgroups. The ACT Government recognises all Association members, and is not aware of any community language schools that are not members of the Association.
(3) In 2017-18, 42 Community Language Schools received financial support as determined by the ACT Community Languages School Association Inc.
(4) In 2017-18, $90 per eligible student was provided as an annual grant to community language schools as determined by the ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc. Additional funding was provided to small language schools to assist with administrative costs. Supplementary funding of $500 per playgroup was provided to support community language education. To be eligible for an annual grant, students must hold Australian citizenship or be a permanent resident.
(5) The mechanism for ACT community language schools to seek financial support or to increase financial support from the ACT Government is through their membership of the ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc. In 2017-18, additional financial support was provided following representations by the ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc.
The ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc. promotes a commitment to quality, provides professional development and advocates for the needs of its community language school members, including financial support.
(6) The Community Services Directorate is not aware of any community language school having been denied financial support in any year from 2013-14 to 2017-18.
(7) No eligible community language schools have been denied ACT Government financial assistance. To be eligible for financial assistance, a community language school must be a member of the ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc for a minimum of six months and submit their student registration grant form to the Association prior to the registration closing date.
Community services—outreach programs
(Question No 1022)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Community Services and Social Inclusion, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) In relation to outreach services in the ACT, what community services have outreach programs for new parents to support their emotional and mental wellbeing.
(2) What community services have outreach programs for youth to support their emotional and mental wellbeing.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Community Services Directorate funds a range of community organisations to deliver services to help people identify and develop flexible strategies to address their needs and achieve their goals, including new parents. Programs may support all aspects of a person's well-being, including emotional and mental health.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .