Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
• Page.. 1459..
• The Gugan Gulwan StreetBeat Youth Outreach Program which is a tailored health program to reach vulnerable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in the ACT region. It operates on Friday and Saturday nights targeting meeting places and identified "trouble spots". The program is holistic in its delivery providing intensive immediate support to individuals with a broad range of information, resources and services.
• The Transition to Recovery program which is an intensive community outreach mental health program that aims to assist people to transition to the community following an acute episode of mental illness and to prevent relapse.
Multicultural affairs—community languages
(Question No 1020)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How much financial support, in total dollars, was provided by the ACT Government to ACT community language schools in (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16, (d) 2016-17 and (e) 2017-18.
(2) How many community language schools are currently recognised by the ACT Government.
(3) Of those community language schools referred to in part (2), how many are receiving ACT Government financial support in 2017-18.
(4) Is funding provided on a per-student basis; if so, how much financial support is provided per student and is this funding annual, per month, or based on some other arrangement; if not, on what basis is financial support divided amongst the ACT's community language schools.
(5) What mechanisms exist for the Territory's community language schools to seek financial support or increased financial support from the ACT Government.
(6) How many community language schools have been denied ACT Government financial support in (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16, (d) 2016-17 and (e) 2017-18.
(7) For what reasons have community language schools been denied ACT Government financial support.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) The ACT Community Language Schools Association Inc. is an umbrella body for community language schools in the ACT. The Association has a membership of 51
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .