Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
(3) Under the crown lease, the lessee for the Coombs site has 48 months (or until April 2019) to complete development and obtain a certificate of occupancy. This timeframe acknowledges the scale and complexity of commercial development and the time required for approvals and construction. This timeframe is consistently applied to all commercial land sales. Within this timeframe responsibility for development of the site rests with the lessee.
(4) Most Crown leases granted contain a clause stating that if the land is not used for a period of one year for the purpose for which the lease is granted, the lease may be terminated. The Planning and Development Act 2007 provides that a controlled activity order can be issued to direct a lessee to comply with a lease provision or to comply with the terms of a development approval. Any person who believes that a breach exists in relation to a Crown lease can lodge a controlled activity compliant form online with Access Canberra.
(Question No 1011)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) Does Table 2 on the City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Housing Target Determination 2018 (No1) list no community housing dwellings in Lawson but CHC Australia tenanted nine properties there before the last Census.
(2) What data sources is used in determining rates of community, social, affordable rental and affordable sale in each suburb.
(3) If the Census is used, how does the Government correct for high rates of incorrect self-reporting, ie community housing tenants selecting private residence.
(4) What methodology does the Government use in calculating these rates.
(5) Can the Minister provide a table of each Canberra suburb with the percentage rates (as a proportion of total residences in a suburb) of public, community/social, affordable rental and affordable sale housing in each Canberra suburb, in (a) 2013, (b) 2018 and (c) as part of the forward workplan, proposed or estimated rates in 2020.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Yes, according to 2016 Census data, there were no tenanted community housing properties in Lawson at the time of reporting. This is reflected in Table 2 of Schedule 2 of the City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Housing Target Determination 2018 (No1).
(2) For the purposes of Table 2 of Schedule 2 of the City Renewal Authority and Suburban Land Agency Housing Target Determination 2018 (No1), the ACT extracts data from ABS Census results. Data is accessed through the online ABS application Table Builder Pro.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .