Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
(1) What has been the cost to date, by financial year, to operate the Free City Loop bus service (Route 101).
(2) What has been the total cost to date, by financial year, of promoting the City Loop bus service.
(3) How many drivers are required to operate the City Loop bus service.
(4) How many other Transport Canberra staff work in support of the City Loop bus service, including standing at the City Bus Station (stop 3002) to monitor the service or to assist passengers.
(5) How frequently does the service run during its hours of operation.
(6) What is the total number of people who have travelled on the City Loop bus service to date.
(7) On average, how many services in a day operate with (a) no passengers travelling on the bus and (b) less than five passengers travelling on the bus.
(8) How many times have buses operating on the City Loop bus service broken down.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The total cost to date of the service excluding promotions is as follows;
2016-17 $901,000; and
(2) The total cost to date to promote the services is as follows;
2016-17 $84,000; and
(3) The City Loop bus service requires six drivers to operate. This includes four full time and two part time drivers.
(4) Transport Canberra staff from the City Bus Station assist with the City Loop services as required as part of their regular duties.
(5) The service is scheduled to run approximately every 10 minutes.
(6) As at 2 March 2018, 162,627 people have travelled on the City Loop bus service to date.
(7) There are 72 scheduled services each day. From Monday 5 February, there has been an average (a) 21 trips operate with no passengers travelling on the bus (please note that this figure is likely overstated given the nature of this loop service requiring manual validation from each driver) and (b) 12 trips that operate with less than five passengers (1 to 4 passengers) travelling on the bus.
(8) From the commencement of service to 2 March 2018, the City Loop bus service has broken down 38 times (excludes service failures due to a previous breakdown).
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .