Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
arrangement, the Territory does not pay for construction activities over the delivery phase (other than approved Modifications), but it does pay for the GST on these activities as they are considered to be for services provided. As a consequence of using this structure, no cash passes between the Territory and Canberra Metro in this phase (other than in relation to Modifications and GST amounts - which the Territory claims back from the Australian Taxation Office).
The GST invoices processed to date amount to $22.48 million. The Modification payments processed to date amount to $1.1 million.
(2) Yes. The estimated net costs of approved modifications are in the region of $8.5 million, which is within the project's contingency budget of $117 million.
Examples of the nature of enhancements associated with the above are:
• stop design;
• vertical elements / street furniture;
• LRV fire suppression system;
• intellectual Property rights for artwork;
• rolling stock HVAC performance;
• EPIC Precinct Design;
• Flemington Road Works; and
• Innovative Design works to Alinga Street stop, Northbourne Plaza and dynamic lighting.
(Question No 1004)
Miss C Burch asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) What is the status of works associated with the construction of Stage 1 of the Light Rail project and is it in accordance with the timeframe set out in the Indicative Construction Timetable 2016-2018; if not, (a) has a revised timeframe been agreed to and (b) what is the revised timeframe.
(2) What is the current status of works on each zone, and when is each zone due to be completed for (a) Zone 1 - Gungahlin Terminus to Hibberson Street, (b) Zone 2 - Flemington Road North, (c) Zone 3 - Flemington Road South, (d) Zone 4 - Federal Highway, (e) Zone 5 Northbourne Avenue, (f) Civic terminus, (g) Mitchell Depot and (h) overhead wires, cabling and final testing.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The project's construction phase is currently anticipated to be completed in late 2018, as per previous ACT Government statements.
(2) The system will be certified as complete in its entirety, rather than in zones. The project's construction phase is currently anticipated to be completed in late 2018, as per previous ACT Government statements.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .