Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
ACTION bus service—staffing
(Question No 996)
Miss C Burch asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many new buses are due to be acquired and operational for each year over the next five years.
(2) How many buses will be retired each year for the next five years.
(3) How many (a) drivers, (b) bus maintenance staff and (c) other operational staff are currently available for work, broken down by (i) full-time, (ii) part-time and (iii) casually employed.
(4) How many full-time equivalent (FTE) drivers were employed for each of the last five years.
(5) How many FTE drivers are expected to be employed over the next five years.
(6) What is the FTE to bus ratio for (a) drivers, (b) bus maintenance staff or mechanics and (c) other operational staff.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) In 2017-18 it is estimated that 25 buses will be acquired and become operational comprising:
a. 8 buses from the Better Public Transport - Bus Fleet upgrades program funded in the 2016-17 Budget; and
b. An expected 17 buses from the Rapid Bus Network funding provided in the 2016 Pre-Election Budget Update.
a. It is estimated that 23 buses will be acquired and become operational from the Rapid Bus Network funding provided in the 2016
Pre-Election Budget Update; and
The number and timing of additional bus acquisitions from 2018-19 to 2020-22 (inclusive) is yet to be determined.
(2) Non-DDA compliant buses currently in service are due to be retired prior to December 2022 in order to meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. The exact timing and number of future bus retirements is subject to future decisions of Government.
(3) The number of employees currently available for work as at the last pay period is:
Other Operational staff
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .