Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . .
opportunities to meet and participate in activities. The funding is provided via a grant. The funding is provided to assist MWG to undertake the work that they already do.
(2) The eligibility criteria for MACH New Parent Groups:
• First time parents (including adoptive parents), or if not the firstborn, the gap between children must be at least seven years, and the older children cannot be brought to the group; and
• Baby must be four weeks to four months (under four months on date of first session). The Clinical Nurse Manager can be contacted for special circumstances if the baby is over four months of age - exceptions may be negotiated, eg premature baby.
(3) The Maternal and Child Health Procedures Standard Operating Procedure is at Attachment A and the CSD's Breastfeeding Policy is at Attachment B.
(4) MACH do not facilitate groups exclusive to ACT Government Public Servants.
(5) The MACH New Parent Group is aimed primarily at first time mothers however the following exceptions are applied:
• Fathers may be the primary carer and are encouraged to attend;
• A mother may be referred if this infant is not firstborn but the gap since the last baby is over seven years;
• A mother may be referred if new to Canberra, not first time parent and socially isolated. This would be in consultation with the Clinical Nurse Manager; and
• If clients do not meet MACH eligibility criteria, they are referred to the Child and Family Centre or ACT Playgroups for community support.
(6) The ACT Government does not refer mothers to mother's groups.
(7) The MACH New Parent Group as an ACT Government supported mother's group is available to women whose children were born interstate, but priority is given to ACT residents.
(Copies of the attachments are available at the Chamber Support Office).
(Question No 989)
Miss C Burch asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many staff have been appointed to the Light Rail Stage 1 project team to date.
(2) How many staff may be appointed to the Light Rail Stage 1 project team in the (a) remainder of 2017-18, (b) 2018-19 and (c) 2019-20 financial years.
(3) Will the staff appointed to the Light Rail Stage 1 project team be permanent ACT public servants or contractors.
(4) How are the staff required for the Light Rail Stage 1 project team being recruited.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .