Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 4 Hansard (12 April) . . Page.. 1420..
• To assist in bed turnover and efficiency of discharge, more Hospital Assistants were added to clean beds and maintain medical stock levels, and the afternoon and evening availability of the central equipment courier was increased, for transporting items medication to and from pharmacy and pathology.
• The Discharge Lounge was opened from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday commencing 19 August 2017, to assist with the weekend patient flow;
• Pathology activated winter testing regime, increasing instrument capacity and staff availability over the weekend, and prioritising ED and inpatient samples; and
• Communications strategies throughout the Canberra Hospital ensured all staff were cognisant of the pressures on ED and CHHS more broadly, and reminded all staff of the daily shared responsibility to ensure safe operating capacity.
e) Bed Occupancy is based on beds able to receive admissions from ED.
f) Bed Occupancy is based on beds able to receive admissions from ED.
(Question No 939)
Ms Lawder asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many government facilities are rented out by the Government on a peppercorn arrangement.
(2) Can the Treasurer provide a list outlining all of the facilities, including land, that is currently leased out on a peppercorn arrangement including reasons as to why each property has received a peppercorn lease.
(3) How many properties have had their peppercorn lease not renewed or removed in the last five years including a list outlining why each facility had their peppercorn lease removed.
(4) Does the Government have any policy direction around the future use of peppercorn leases.
(5) Does the Government expect that peppercorn leases will continue to be used in the years ahead for community facilities.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) and (2) There are 95 government facilities leased on a peppercorn rent:
• ACTPG - 70
• CIT - 6
• SLA - 6
• Education - 2
• Health - 11
Refer to attached list of ACTPG 'peppercorn' tenants detailing the name of the building and location (suburb).
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .