Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
(2) The target of 80 percent of the Transport Canberra bus fleet being wheelchair accessible by 31 December 2017 was achieved in accordance with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
(3) It is expected 100 percent of the Transport Canberra bus fleet will be Easy Access, wheelchair accessible by 31 December 2022 in accordance with the target requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
(4) There are no routes that guarantee wheelchair accessible buses, however, priority is given to routes that service hospitals and aged care facilities. Customers are able to request wheelchair accessible buses on select services, which are then assessed on a case by case basis.
(Question No 1010)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) What was the annual cost of administering the residential rates system for each of the last three financial years, including costs of valuations, issuing of rates notices etc (a) in dollars and (b) as a percentage of residential rates revenue.
(2) With regard to appeals of the valuations used for levying residential rates, how many appeals were lodged each year for the three most-recent financial years.
(3) What percentage of appeal rates do these represent, as a percentage of rateable residential properties.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) It is not possible to separate the cost of administering the residential rates system from total cost of administering the ACT Revenue Office. Total expenses for the ACT Revenue Office for the past three financial years are in the table below.
ACT Revenue Office Expenses
(2) and (3) The number of appeals lodged with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (both as a number and as a percentage of residential properties) in relation to land values for residential properties for the past three financial years, are shown in the table below.
Percentage of total properties
2017-18 (YTD to February 2018)
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .