Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
(7) Why has the 12 month trial of free off peak MyWay travel for seniors and concession card holders been extended.
(8) What was the total cost of the 12 month trial of free off peak MyWay travel for senior and concession card holders.
(9) What is the expected annual cost of continuing the trial of free off peak MyWay travel for senior and concession card holders.
(10) How many cash transactions were made on public transport in (a) 2016-17 and (b) 2017-18 to date.
(11) Is any consideration being given to phasing out cash transactions on public transport in the ACT.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The fares were increased by CPI only and were approved by the Minister for Transport and City Services.
(3) The Minister for Transport and City Services approved a routine increase to public transport fares from 20 January 2018, following advice from the Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate.
(4) The announcement of the fare change was not delayed. Transport Canberra widely publicised this routine fare change ahead of time, including providing information online, at major bus interchanges and through the media. It is expected that the changes will generate around $0.5 million in additional revenue over 12 months.
(5) It is yet to be determined when public transport fares will again be reviewed, though generally they occur on an annual basis.
(6) This trial is continuing while Transport Canberra continues to evaluate the scheme.
(7) The estimated revenue forgone from the first 12 months of the scheme was around $800,000. The estimated revenue forgone for future years is $800,000 in current values, adjusted for changes in patronage and fare levels over time.
(8) See Question 8.
(9) a) 1,291,618 (excluding transfers)
b) 754,471 (excluding transfers), as at 1 March 2018.
(10) No plans are currently in place to phase out cash fares.
ACTION bus service—staffing
(Question No 999)
Miss C Burch asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .