Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
2017-18 to date
Total Number of Final Payments
Total Value of Final Entitlements Paid
Icon Water—meter reading
(Question No 982)
Mr Coe asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 23 February 2018:
(1) How many complaints have been received in relation to incorrect or faulty water meter readings in the financial years of (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16, (d) 2016-17 and (e) 2017-18 to date.
(2) Can the Treasurer provide a breakdown of complaints made in relation to incorrect or faulty water meter readings by suburb during (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15, (c) 2015-16, (d) 2016-17 and (e) 2017-18 to date.
(3) Can the Treasurer provide a detailed explanation of the process that is undertaken by the (a) ACT Government and (b) Icon Water after a water meter reading inaccuracy complaint is received to determine whether the meter readings were incorrect.
(4) Can the Treasurer provide a detailed explanation of what (a) reporting and (b) dispute processes are in place under Icon Water's shared services agreement with ActewAGL in relation to meter reading.
Mr Barr: The following answers to the Member's questions have been sought from Icon Water Limited (Icon Water), which operates as an independent corporation:
(1) There were 496 queries from customers regarding incorrect or high bills over the financial years of 2013-14 (102), 2014-15 (75), 2015-16 (83), 2016-17 (130) and 2017-18 (106) to date. Of these, a total of 14 complaints were confirmed to be due to incorrect or faulty water meter readings.
(2) The response to this question is attached.
(3a) If the ACT Government receives a constituent complaint regarding Icon Water, the correspondence is referred to Icon Water for investigation and response.
Customers may also lodge a complaint with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission or the ACT Government Utilities Technical Regulator. The complaint is then referred to Icon Water for investigation and response.
(3b) Upon receipt of a complaint, Icon Water will arrange for the meter to be re-read. Icon Water will also accept a photograph from the customer which clearly shows the water meter number and reading dials. If the meter has been misread, the correct reading is entered into the system and a new bill generated.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .