Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
In addition to assisting children to cross roads safely, supervisors will improve traffic flow and reduce congestion, providing a greater benefit to the local school communities in the vicinity of a supervised crossing.
(3) A number of factors were considered by the selection committee when determining whether a school will benefit from a crossing supervisor, including the location of amenities like shopping centres and access to transport facilities.
The criteria used to select the priority sites is available on the Transport Canberra website (https://www.transport.act.gov.au/getting-around/active-travel/active-travel-for-schools/school-crossing-supervisors).
(Question No 934)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 16 February 2018:
(1) How many transportable classrooms are currently in use in ACT public schools, (a) what schools are they located in and (b) when were they installed.
(2) What additional transportable classroom are to be installed this calendar year and in what schools are they to be located.
(3) How much has been spent on the purchase and installation of transportable classrooms for the financial years (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17 and (c) 2017-18.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are currently 81 transportable buildings in ACT public schools that provide 145 class room spaces including pre-school spaces across the ACT public school system. This includes the buildings installed at Aranda Primary School, Campbell Primary School, Garran Primary School, Neville Bonner Primary School and Telopea Park School for the commencement of the 2018 school year.
1a and b)
Table 1 shows the schools and the installation years of the transportable classrooms.
Year of installation/relocation
2005, 2007 & 2014
Aranda Primary School
2001 & 2017
Black Mountain School
2000, 2008 & 2009
Bonython Primary School
Calwell High School
Calwell Primary School
Campbell Primary School
Carolyn Chisholm School
Charles Conder Primary School
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .