Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
(4) The public makes contact with the CTP Regulator on a range of CTP insurance matters, with a number of complaints / queries raising the cost of CTP insurance.
Over the period 2015-16 to 2017-18 (to date), 20.0% of the complaints / queries received by the CTP Regulator (6 out of 30 complaints / queries) raised concerns with the cost of CTP insurance.
(5) The Government has reduced the impact of CTP insurance on low-income individuals by:
• Providing motorists with the option of paying a vehicle registration and CTP insurance for 3, 6 or 12 months;
• Ensuring the CTP insurance scheme is a 'community rated' scheme; and
• Introducing competition, which has resulted in CTP premiums falling on average by $40.23, or 6.8% since 15 July 2013.
(Question No 923)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 16 February 2018:
(1) What is the total funding allocation for (a) new playground construction and (b) playgrounds repair in the 2017-18 Budget.
(2) How does this figure change over the forward estimates.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) (a) $100,000 for a new community park at Giralang and (b) $477,000 for high priority playground upgrade (repair) work that includes rubber softfall replacements, bark installations and minor modifications to playground elements.
(2) Forward year estimates for capital funding are unavailable for (a) new playground construction and (b) playground upgrades (repairs).
(Question No 924)
Are there any plans to provide the Waramanga community with a playground or nature based playground; if not, what is the rationale for this.
The Government is considering a range of feedback from residents across Canberra regarding additional playground facilities, and this includes feedback from the Waramanga community.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .