Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 3 Hansard (22 March) . .
EIS process is an information gathering process and is not an approval process. The scoping document application is not published as it only includes enough information to scope the EIS requirements for the proposal. The scoping document issued by the planning and land authority is a Notifiable Instrument and can be found at http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/ni/2018-27/default.asp. The draft EIS is then published and made available to the community for comment, as it contains more detailed comprehensive information on the proposal. The applicant is required to address any comments in a revised EIS.
(2) The Scoping Document for the proposed Fyshwick recycling facility requires the proponent to address climate change and air quality as part of the EIS process. Once the draft EIS is received, the Authority will refer the EIS to relevant agencies, including ACT Health and the Environment Protection Authority. The applicant will need to adequately address any matters raised by these entities in their revised EIS. These entities may consider the proposal against any relevant guidelines and policies which apply.
(Question No 895)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Education and Early Childhood Development, upon notice, on 16 February 2018:
(1) In relation to enrolment projections for ACT schools, what information was used by the ACT Education Directorate in the (a) 2015, (b) 2016 and (c) 2017 calendar years to determine future capacity in each ACT (i) primary, (ii) high and (iii) Kindergarten to Year 12 for the years 2014-2019.
(2) What reports are prepared by and for the Education Directorate using the information identified in part (1).
(3) Can the Minister provide a copy of the reports referred to in part (2), including the ACT Public School Enrolment Projections for (a) 2014-2018, (b) 2015-2019 and (c) 2016-2020.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The Education Directorate undertakes student enrolment projection modelling for each ACT public school. Projections for schools at the primary, high and college levels in 2015, 2016 and 2017 were completed using
• school census and capacities data
• land release data
• sales data and occupation dwelling forecasts sources from the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
• birth data sourced from Births, Deaths and Marriages and
• population estimates sources from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
(2) No reports are prepared from the information listed in response to question 1.
(3) Not applicable.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .