Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 1 Hansard (15 February) . .
Florey PS, Torrens PS, Turner PS, Hughes PS, Gold Creek School
Grand Total as of 7/11/2017
(Question No 870)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 1 December 2017:
Are there any plans to duplicate Ginninderra Drive in anticipation of the Ginninderry land development; if so, what is the recommended traffic safety management solution for the Tillyard and Ginninderra Drives intersection in light of the development, for example, installation of traffic lights, construction of a roundabout etc; if not, in what ways will the projected increase in traffic be managed as a result of the development, and what plans are there to ensure traffic safety for all road users in the area.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
At this stage there are no immediate plans to duplicate Ginninderra Drive in response to the Ginninderry land development however TCCS will monitor traffic flows in the area as the development progresses. TCCS continues to be involved with the planning works associated with the future development by the Ginninderry Development Group.
(Question No 874)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for the Environment and Heritage, upon notice, on 1 December 2017:
(1) What work has been scheduled for the current late spring/ early summer season to address the spread of African love grass which is currently growing profusely on median strips along several ACT major roads including Barry Drive.
(2) What assessment is made to ensure that spraying is done at optimal time of seed set to effect a higher success rate.
(3) What work is being done to address the spread of (a) Paterson's Curse and (b) St Johns Wort in nature parks and on public lands throughout the Territory.
(4) What criteria are used to determine which invasive weeds are placed on the biosecurity alert list on the ACT Government's website.
(5) What funds have been directed in the first six months of the current financial year to the eradication of invasive weeds in ACT public areas.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .