Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 1 Hansard (15 February) . .
(Question No 865)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 1 December 2017:
(1) How many requests have been made to the ACT Government regarding proposals or development of new or connecting roads each financial year since 2014-15.
(2) How are requests from the public regarding the development of new or connected roads assessed by the ACT Government.
(3) Can the Minister provide an outline of how the ACT Government determines whether new or connecting roads are necessary.
(4) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the cost components of developing new or connecting roads, including (a) planning costs, (b) materials, (c) contractor costs and (d) any other relevant categories of cost.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) TCCS does not currently record a register of independent requests from the public for the development of new or connecting roads.
(2) Specific requests for the development of new or connecting roads submitted by the public are considered by Roads ACT when annual review of road network capacity is assessed.
(3) TCCS maintain an extensive record of road network data and analysis processes. Transport planning and the provision of new road infrastructure responds to a range of variable factors such as traffic growth, urban development, public transport changes and safety factors. Each of these considerations and many more will determine the priority of road infrastructure upgrades.
(4) Road infrastructure project delivery costs can vary significantly depending on the nature of the proposal. For example the retrofitting of infrastructure into an existing operating environment versus a Greenfield development area. TCCS refer to the national guidelines for Road Construction costs prepared by the Federal Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development for advice.
(Question No 866)
(1) What is the projected date for the $375 million capital contribution for Light Rail Stage 1.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .