Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2018 Week 1 Hansard (15 February) . .
(4) Staff numbers on flexible workplace arrangements fluctuate significantly over the course of a year. The table below represents the number of individual staff members employed on flexible working arrangements as at June each year:
Number of individual staff members
employed on flexible working arrangements
All officers are permanent public servants working a variety of part-time hours.
(5) Providing a response to this question would require a considerable amount of staff time and resources to answer, and unreasonably redirect ESA personnel away from important functions. As such, I have determined it is not appropriate to provide a response to this question.
Canberra Hospital—patient flow management
(Question No 774)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, upon notice, on 27 October 2017:
(1) In relation to the question taken on notice on 16 August 2017 about patient flow management, how many code yellow incidents occurred at The Canberra Hospital in (a) July 2016, (b) August 2016 and (c) September 2016.
(2) Under the capacity escalation procedure, issued on 5 December 2016, for (a) July 2017, (b) August 2017 and (c) September 2017, how many (i) level 1, (ii) level 2 and (iii) level 3, escalations were recorded;
(3) What are the criteria that determine each escalation level.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1. A Code Yellow is an emergency response code to deal with any internal incident that threatens to overwhelm or disrupt services.
Canberra Hospital and Health Services no longer refers to Code Yellow for patient flow pressures. Instead, a numerical escalation that is represented as Level 1 to Level 3 is outlined in the Capacity Escalation Procedure.
Number of equivalent code yellows recorded at the Canberra Hospital by month:
2. Canberra Hospital and Health Services was at Alert Level 3 throughout July, August and September 2017. The following measures were put in place in order to safely manage capacity:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .