Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 8 Hansard (11 August) . .
$1,000,000, (xi) $1,000,000 to $1,100,000, (xii) $1,100,000 to $1,200,000, (xiii) $1,200,000 to $1,300,000, (xiv) $1,300,000 to $1,400,000, (xv) $1,400,000 to $1,500,000, (xvi) $1,500,000 to $1,600,000, (xvii) $1,600,000 to $1,700,000, (xviii) $1,700,000 to $1,800,000, (xix) $1,800,000 to $1,900,000, (xx) $1,900,000 to $2,000,000, (xxi) $2m to $3m, (xxii) $3m to $4m, (xxiii) $4m to $5m, (xxiv) $5m to $10m and (xxv) more than $10m.
(2) For each threshold in the Conveyance Duty Thresholds and Rates, what is the number of average sale price, number of transactions, and value of stamp duty for or the 2016-17 Budget, being 2016-17 to 2019-20.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) Refer to the answer provided to Select Committee on Estimates 2016-17, QON No. E16-78.
(2) See above.
Questions without notice taken on notice
Mr Barr (in reply to a question by Mr Coe and a supplementary question by Mr Wall on Tuesday, 2 August 2016):
The ACT Government created Westside as an urban play space where the community can come together, celebrate and enjoy Lake Burley Griffin. City living is an integral component of the broader City to the Lake project, and with an additional 15,000 people living in central Canberra, urban play spaces will become an important part of that living experience. Westside provides an opportunity to trial different approaches to urban play spaces to determine what will succeed in attracting people to our city - to play and to live.
Consistent with the vision of City to the Lake, Westside:
• Revitalises West Basin as a vibrant urban space for the community to enjoy.
• Draws visitors to West Basin and positions the area as a new urban precinct where the community can eat, shop and socialise.
• Supports local businesses and artists.
• Showcases innovative and sustainable design.
ACT Property Group became the managers of the site in September 2015. Since this time a total of $503,245 has been spent on community events, activation programs, land maintenance and planning and design. Rental revenue received for the site totalled $102, 578.
These activations include major events like the Art Not Apart Festival (2015 and 2016) and National Capital Rally (2015 and 2016), which each attracted in excess of 10,000 people. Westside has also been successful at attracting regular visitors to West Basin. Approximately 1500 people attend the Sunday markets/events at Westside.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .