Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 8 Hansard (11 August) . .
(2) Did the Kingston Barton Residents Group write to you about this proposal last month; if so, do you intend to reply to their correspondence or meet with them before the election.
(3) What involvement does the Canberra Services Club have in any consideration of changes to Manuka Oval and have you consulted with them on their future location or do you intend to do so before the election.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
2. Yes. In his portfolio capacity, the Minister for Planning and Land Management emailed his response on 25 August 2016.
3. The Canberra Services Club is in regular contact with officers from the Land Development Agency. Changes to the Manuka Oval precinct will be guided by community engagement, including with the Club.
Land—block 24, city
(Question No 776)
Mr Coe asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 11 August 2016:
(1) In relation to the block of land adjacent to Glebe Park (City Block 24, Section 65) and the valuations dated August 2014 and May 2015, what is the the reason the higher of the two valuations was accepted.
(2) Why was a third valuation not sought, given the large variance in the first two valuations referred to in part 1.
(3) Why was a valuation based on residential development accepted despite the fact that the Government has stated that the site would not be used for such a purpose.
(4) Why did the Government not pursue a compulsory acquisition through the Lands Acquisition Act 1994.
(5) What are the details of the stated delegation allowing for the acquisition.
(6) Had the former leaseholder complied with their previous investment requirements.
(7) What was the date that the Minister or his office was first informed of the intention to purchase the block and the date the Minister or his office was advised that the purchase had been made.
(8) What rights or options do Aquis have on the block.
(9) What were the meeting dates where Aquis and the ACT Government or their representatives discussed development potential on this block.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .