Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 7 Hansard (4 August) . .
(11) The aim of the survey was to measure expectations regarding public transport in the ACT. The ACT Government was interested in understanding current travel characteristics of users, potential users and non-users of public transport, barriers to the use of public transport and how these barriers can be overcome regardless of mode.
ACTION bus service—city loop
(Question No 770)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 9 June 2016:
(1) Will the City Loop bus service announced on 6 June 2016 and to commence on 4 July 2016 be ongoing or is the service being provided on a trial basis.
(2) What is the cost of providing the service.
(3) How many drivers will be required to run the service.
(4) What will be the capacity of buses servicing the route.
(5) What is the route of the City Loop service.
(6) Will the buses travel in one way around the loop.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The City Loop is a trial and is scheduled to run for 12 months.
(2) The cost is approximately $765,000.
(3) The City Loop will require six bus drivers to operate.
(4) The City Loop will be operated by Dennis DART buses from the ACTION fleet which have a capacity of 27 seated and 23 standing, for a licence capacity of 50 passengers.
(5) The City Loop will service the City Bus Station - Sydney Building, the Legislative Assembly, Akuna Street, the Canberra Centre, Mort Street - Braddon, the ANU Bus Station and New Acton.
(6) Yes, the buses will travel one way around the loop during the initial phase of the trial.
Questions without notice taken on notice
Housing ACT—safety compliance
Ms Berry (in reply to a question by Ms Lawder on Thursday, 9 June 2016): All building owners, including Housing ACT are guided by the Certificate of Occupancy and Use that is issued to confirm that properties are constructed in accordance with all building standards and regulations.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .