Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 7 Hansard (4 August) . .
ACTION bus service—NXTBUS system
(Question No 768)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 9 June 2016:
(1) Does each bus on ACTION's fleet have a NXTBUS system installed; if not, how many buses have the system installed and what percentage is that number of the total ACTION fleet.
(2) Are records maintained of the serviceability of the NXTBUS system.
(3) What is the breakdown rate for the system in (a) 2014 2015 and (b) 2015 2016 to date.
(4) Do buses travel on the ACTION bus network without an operational NXTBUS system.
(5) Is there any consultation done with disability groups or seniors groups to ensure the system is meeting the needs of people with a disability or who are elderly.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) 100% of the ACTION in service fleet is fitted with the NXTBUS system.
(2) NXTBUS faults are recorded and reported as part of the warranty agreement.
(3) The fault rate for the system is:
(a) 2014/15: 4.5 faults recorded per 10,000 scheduled trips; and
(b) 2015/16 YTD: 3.6 faults recorded per 10,000 scheduled trips.
(4) In the instance of a NXTBUS failure and a replacement vehicle is not available, the bus will still be used on the ACTION network to ensure service reliability for passengers.
(5) Community consultation occurred through the development and implementation of the NXTBUS system. Ongoing feedback is received through Access Canberra and the ACTION customer service centre.
(Question No 769)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 9 June 2016:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .