Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 7 Hansard (4 August) . .
• Page.. 2411..
• landscaping works, including the planting of shade trees and garden beds to enhance the leafy character of the shops; and
• improved stormwater drainage.
(2) The total cost of the Farrer Shops upgrade was $1.22 million and was completed in November 2013.
(Question No 765)
Mrs Jones asked the Chief Minister, upon notice, on 7 June 2016:
(1) Did the correspondence to me of 29 April 2016 in relation to 10 McKail Crescent, Stirling, ACT 2611, state "As the lessee is no longer readily able to be located, Access Canberra officers have submitted an information request with transport regulation authorities in order to assist in the location process" and that the "rectification notice will be served on the lessee immediately once he is located.".
(2) Has the lessee's whereabouts, or other relevant information, been obtained from the information request.
(3) What steps, in addition to the information request, are being taken to actively and comprehensively search for the lessee.
(4) Are Access Canberra officers working within a suitable timeframe in which to resolve this long-running issue.
(5) In the instance the lessee is not located within a suitable timeframe, what the Government intends to do to arrive at a resolution.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(2) Multiple requests for information have not led to identifying the whereabouts of the lessee.
(3) After several attempts on 8 June 2016, Access Canberra made contact with the lessee via phone. The lessee refused to give his current residential address to Access Canberra Officers. The lessee agreed to remove the offending container and skip bin by 15 June 2016. However, as the shipping container was not removed by 15 June 2016, the lessee's actions will continue to be monitored and further enforcement action is being considered.
(4) Access Canberra has made this protracted matter a high priority to resolve.
(5) Access Canberra will continue to take all reasonable steps including the possibility of issuing a Rectification Notice.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .