Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 7 Hansard (4 August) . .
(5) There was a requirement that the acquittal form be completed by the Canberra Multicultural Service and they complied with this requirement.
(6) There was not any instance of non-compliance in relation to the 2012-13 funding.
(Question No 756)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Transport and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 7 June 2016:
(1) What is the Government's contingency plan in the event of an operational failure, either in whole or in part, in the series of traffic lights to be installed on the roundabout at the intersection of Barton Highway, William Slim Drive and Gundaroo Drive.
(2) What is the planned call-out and repair time in the event of an operational failure, either in whole or in part, in the traffic lights.
(3) What is the planned maintenance program for the traffic lights.
(4) What is the budget for installation of the traffic lights.
(5) What is the recurrent budget for operation and maintenance of the traffic lights.
(6) What traffic management arrangements will be in place during installation.
(7) Will the traffic lights sequencing arrangements be set to suit varying traffic flows.
(8) What operational monitoring of the traffic lights will be implemented after the traffic lights are commissioned into service and at what times will monitoring be undertaken.
(9) Will sequencing arrangements be modified in light of monitoring activities.
Ms Fitzharris: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) If the traffic lights were to fail then the give way to the right rule applies which effectively means the intersection would operate as a roundabout. Police intervention may be required in some situations. However, this would be a decision for ACT Policing.
(2) The maintenance response times for intersection will be the same as all other traffic light controlled intersections in the ACT ie within 60 minutes for major faults, eg lights blacked out or flashing. It is not possible to specify the repair time as that will depend on the nature of the fault.
(3) Routine and non routine maintenance arrangements will be as per all other traffic lights in the ACT ie within 60 minutes for major faults, eg lights blacked out or flashing. It is not possible to specify the repair time as that will depend on the nature of the fault.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .