Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 7 Hansard (4 August) . .
Multicultural affairs—community radio station
(Question No 755)
Mrs Dunne asked the Minister for Multicultural and Youth Affairs, upon notice, on 7 June 2016:
(1) How much grant or other funding did the ACT Government provide to the Canberra Multicultural Service community radio station in (a) 2012-13, (b) 2013-14, (c) 2014-15 and (d) 2015-16.
(2) Was any of the funding in each year for specific purposes.
(3) What conditions did the funding in each year carry and did the station comply with those conditions.
(4) How did the Government respond to any instances of non-compliance with conditions.
(5) What acquittal requirements did that funding carry and did the station comply with all acquittal requirements.
(6) How did the Government respond to any instances of non-compliance with acquittal requirements.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) The ACT Government provided the following grant funding to the Canberra Multicultural Service community radio station:
(c) Nil; and
(2) In 2012-13 funding was provided to assist with training and workshops for broadcasters at the station.
(3) The conditions of the funding included:
• the station must either have a Community Radio Broadcasting licence or a Temporary Community Radio Broadcasting licence or a Special Events licence;
• the station be based in and broadcast primarily in the ACT;
• the station provide significant support to programs produced by multicultural community broadcasters;
• the station has submitted any previous acquittal reports to the Office of Multicultural Affairs; and
• that the application has been signed by an authorised person of the station.
The Canberra Multicultural Service complied with these conditions.
(4) The Canberra Multicultural Service complied with the conditions for the funding period 2012-13.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .