Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 6 Hansard (9 June) . .
Further WA applications are expected, however the preparation of such applications is primarily the responsibility of Canberra Metro and they will bear the cost of this work, including preparation of design and associated reports.
However, the CMA (and Transport for Canberra and City Services post 1 July) will continue to incur costs for:
• Reviewing and commenting on Canberra Metro's designs and documentation;
• Co-ordinating Canberra Metro WA material and liaising with the NCA; and
• Paying any associated application fees to the NCA.
Questions without notice taken on notice
Schools—Black Mountain School
Mr Rattenbury (in reply to a question and a supplementary question by Mr Wall on Thursday, 5 May 2016):
1) The Black Mountain School hydrotherapy pool is currently out of service. It was closed and drained by the school for a routine clean on 10 April 2016.
A further check of the condition of the pool and its surrounds was completed when the pool was drained.
2) There is no water leaking from the pool structure.
There is water ingress damage to the pool surrounds and concourse area, due to wet sealant failure in the wet edge gutter and tile grout failure in the surrounds. A consultant structural engineer identified this issue following an inspection of the pool and the pool surrounds. The inspection occurred on 15 April 2016 with a report provided to the Directorate on 19 April 2016.
Following receipt of the structural engineer's report, design work and a tender process was undertaken to select a preferred contractor to undertake the necessary repairs to the pool concourse area. The contractor was appointed on 5 May 2016.
The repairs involve re-sealing the pool gutter, re-instating the concourse and coating the tiles with appropriate bedding and jointing grout. The remedial works commenced on 9 May 2016 and are anticipated to take 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
3) The hydrotherapy pool facilities at Turner, Cranleigh and Malkara Schools are operational.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .