Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 6 Hansard (9 June) . .
Government—transport and services directorate
(Question No 750)
Mr Coe asked the Minister for Transport and Municipal Services, upon notice, on 5 May 2016 (redirected to the Chief Minister):
(1) In relation to the announcement made on 7 April 2016 that Transport Canberra will join with Territory and Municipal Services to form a new Directorate, Transport Canberra and City Services, from 1 July 2106 what (a) was the total cost spent on promotional material and stationery for Transport Canberra to date in the financial year 2015 16, (b) type of promotional material and stationery will be produced for Transport Canberra in 2016-17, (c) was the cost of each category of promotional material and stationery produced for Transport Canberra in 2016-17 and (d) will be done with the Transport Canberra material that is no longer required.
(2) Why was that decision overturned in favour of establishing Transport and City Services given that the decision to establish Transport Canberra was only announced on 27 October 2015 by the Chief Minister and the then Minister for Territory and Municipal Services.
(3) When was the decision taken to form Transport and City Services.
(4) What is the total amount budgeted for branding for the new Directorate of Transport and City Services in the 2016-17 financial year.
(5) What type of promotional material, signage and stationery is expected to be produced for the Directorate of Transport Canberra and City Services.
(6) What is the expected cost of each category of promotional material, signage and stationery expected to be produced for the Directorate of Transport Canberra and City Services.
Mr Barr: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(a) $1700 for four banners.
(b) Stationery for the new agency will be developed in-house by ACT Government Publishing services.
(c) No stationery has been produced for the new agency.
(d) The banners will continue to be used for events.
(2) The Government flagged changes to its directorate structure to best meet the priorities of the government. The directorate will be called Transport Canberra and City Services. This does not undo the creation of Transport Canberra. It combines Transport Canberra with City Services.
(3) The media release 'New directorate brings together transport and city services to deliver for Canberra' flagged the new arrangements on 7 April 2016. The Administrative Arrangements (No. 3) 2016 were notified on 14 April 2016.
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .