Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2016 Week 6 Hansard (9 June) . .
Multiculturalism—grants to community groups
(Question No 742)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Multicultural and Youth Affairs, upon notice, on 2 May 2016:
(1) How many members are on the board/committee which oversees and decides on the applications for the Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program.
(2) Do any of these members of this board/committee have employment in any other ACT Government Directorate; if so, (a) how many members and (b) which directorate are they employed in.
(3) Does the Minister have the authority or discretion to overrule a decision by the majority of this board/committee in relation to approving or declining a grant application; if so, under what circumstances can this authority or discretion be used.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member's question is as follows:
(1) There are three members on the Assessment Panel for the Participation (Multicultural) Grants Program.
(2) None of the panel members are employed by any ACT Government Directorates.
(3) In the normal course of business the approval of the grants fall within the financial delegation held by the Director of the Community Participation Group of the Community Services Directorate and the Minister for Multicultural and Youth Affairs is advised of the recommendations. To date the Minister has not expressed a view or sought to change any recommendations made by the Assessment Panel.
(Question No 743)
What was the cost of the citizenship ceremonies held on (a) Thursday, 10 December 2015, (b) Tuesday, 28 July 2015 and (c) Thursday, 5 February 2015 broken down by (i) venue hire, (ii) catering, (iii) equipment hire, (iv) staff costs and (v) any other costs.
(a) The cost of the citizenship ceremonies held on Thursday, 10 December 2015 was $4,515.51 in total comprising of:
Theo Notaras venue hire:
Next page . .
Previous page. . . .
Speeches . . . .
Contents . . . .
Sittings . . . .